2017 Tesla model S is a revamped electric sedan. The company’s ultimate aim was to make this car fastest among other existing super sedans. It offers excellent performance and possesses other features of a super car. It will be available at the price in excess of US $72500. The whole reading will focus on all new features and specifications of this modern super vehicle from Tesla.
Exterior Design of Car
2017 Tesla model S has been given a sporty look. The front of updated model S receives stylish LED headlights and slender grille. In addition to it, there are 14 three- position LED dynamic turning lights increasing visibility during night drive.
Engine, Speed and Safety Drive
Tesla has designed model S by putting main emphasize on its speed. For this reason, the car uses Tesla’s all- electric powertrain with other options available. It has all wheel drive system and there are two motors fitted in front and rear position of chassis. Both motors help to control torque and distribute unparallel traction at front and rear wheels of the car. Combining all drive functions and powerful dual motors, 2017 Tesla model S propels at an improved and fast acceleration.
There is a HEPA air filter in it that removes 99.97 % pollutants allowing clean and protected air entering into the cabin. Another unique feature of model S is AutoPilot function making drive safer and definite towards the destiny which has following characteristics:
- Keeping car within lane
- Lane changing with tap of turn signal
- Managing speed with active and traffic- aware cruise control
- Digital control of brake, motor and steering
- Scan for parking space
- Updated software features
This car is offered in four different powertrain options which are S70, S70D, 90D and P90D. The specifications of these four versions are as follows:
- The S70 uses electric motor which produces 315 horsepower and 440 Nm of torque. It goes up to 0-100 kph in 5.5 seconds while it can hit top speed of 224 kph.
- The S70D has dual electric motors that produce 328 horsepower and 524 Nm of torque. It goes up to 0-100 kph in 5.2 seconds.
- The 90D comes up with dual electric motors which propel 417 horsepower and 657 Nm of torque. The top speed for 90D is 250 kph.
- The most powerful version is P90D that generates 463 horsepower and 966 Nm of torque. This model can accelerates in between 0-100 kph in just 2.8 seconds
Inside of 2017 Tesla model S
The inside of 2017 Tesla model S looks suave and stylish. It provides you option to choose between two wood trims such as dark ash and figured ash while its premium package includes leather upholstery; LED ambient lights and Alcantara headliner. Tesla has introduced noise engineering which makes the cabin sound proof of powertrain noises.
At dashboard, there is a 17- inch touch screen displaying day/night modes, infotainment icons and other functions which are in easy access for the driver’s use. Other interior functions of car include automatic climate control, radio, digital instrument cluster, steering wheel control, back up camera, navigation, communication and cabin control features etc.